Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bianca fav part camp

As soon as I  trotted into the Circus School I got a glimpse of a trapeze.  It looked like a swinging monkey-bar! I gazed at the big blue mats on the ground and wondered if they were used by acrobats.
I lifted my head towards the lights on the ceiling. I recognised a huge metal hoop hanging there.
I thought it was used by acrobats too. I wondered what we were going to do there. I noticed two ladies and a man sitting on the big blue mats. They called us over to sit down with them.  The lady explained that for a warmup we would play “stuck-in-the-mud”. She picked Travis and I to be “in”.
When we finished we were put into 3 groups. The first group was doing exercises on the mat keeping one’s  balance. The second group tried the trapeze. They hung by their legs then tried to get up into a sitting position. Everyone was able to manage this.  The third group marched off to juggling. They got taught some juggling tricks.

I really enjoyed the Circus School.

By Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment